Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fun in Federal Heights

Last night we had the privilege of going to Thrive Church in Federal Heights to hang with their youth and some awesome friends, Joel and Nicole Sosa. Chip got to speak and I had so much fun getting to sing with their worship team. Their band is so talented, so it was a blast! 
I am definitely at home when leading people in worship. I know it is what I am called to do, and I love meeting other people with the same heart for Jesus and for worship. It is so cool when you can join in with a different team than you're used to, and your hearts are all in the same place... you can have fun and feel such unity in worship. That is how its supposed to be. :-)
Chip spoke about engaging with culture. He had some great points on how we can't expect to make any sort of lasting impact in culture by just doing big "evangelistic" events. You have to be consistent and in relationship with people that you desire to influence...you can't just show up in someone's life and expect to have influence. It was all really good stuff - I love listening to him speak. Not to mention, he keeps you laughing while he throws nuggets of wisdom at you. You don't even know what hit you half the time. What can I say, I love him. 
So grateful to have friends like that the Sosas. It was a fun night for sure. Not to mention, our kiddos came with us and they had a blast with the Sosa kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment